CATHOZINC SHOP PRIMER TYPE-2
|TYPE||A two-pack, inorganic zinc rust preventive primer based on ethyl silicates, additives and zinc powder.|
|USES||Used for blast-cleaned steel structures, such as ships, storage tanks and coastal facilities etc.|
Excellent resistance to corrosion and weathering.|
2. Excellent heat resistance with slight scorched areas in cutting and welding.
3. Very good properties for EPM operations.
4. Excellent cutting and welding properties.
5. Excellent for coating application.
6. Very slight zinc fume in cutting and welding, great safety for working personnel.
7. Excellent overcoat ability with various kinds of coatings.
8. No zinc dust annoyance during application.
|FLASH POINT||Above 14 ℃ (57 F) (mixture)|
|VISCOSITY||Above 80 KU (25 ℃ )|
touch 2 mins. |
Dry hard 5 mins. (25℃, RH=75%)
|OPTIMUM FILM THICKNESS|| Wet 54 microns (2.2 mil) |
Dry 15 microns (0.6 mil)
|VOLUME SOLIDS||Above 28% (mixture)|
|THEORETICAL COVERAGE||70.0 m2/Gal 18.5 m2/L 14.6 m2/Kg|
|MIXING RATIO||Base : Hardener = 37.5 : 62.5 (by wt.)|
|THIINNING RATE||0~10% (by wt., cleaning tools excluded)|
|POT LIFE||24 hrs. (25, mixture)|
|SUBSEQUENT COATS||Chlorinated Rubber, Epoxy, Vinyl, Polyurethane or Alkyd paint systems.|
|SURFACE TREATMENT||SIS Sa 2 1/2|
|STORAGE SHELF LIFE||Minimum 6 months under normal storage conditions.|
|APPLICATION METHOD||Airless Spray, Brush, Roller.|
|FOR AIRLESS SPRAY||Tip Size 0.017"~ 0.021" Air Pressure 3 ~ 5 Kg/cm2 Pump Ratio 33 : 1 or greater Tip to Object 30 ~ 50cm|
|NOTE||1. Pour additives to binder with thorough blending, and stir constantly
application to prevent settling.|
2. All equipment must be cleaned immediately after use.
3. Can be applied during 0~40 ambient temperature and 40~95 relative humidity.
4. Steel surfaces must be blast-cleaned to or above SIS Sa 2 1/2.(The roughnessshould be 45~65 m)
5. When used inside tanks, sufficient ventilation must be provided.